How to Reignite the Romance in Your MarriageAug 08, 2017
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, kids, laundry, and work, romance gets put on the back burner. Remember those days of trying to impress each other, wearing flattering clothes, and spraying perfume? Yeah, we don't either.
Well, even if hot romance is a distant memory, we can help you bring it back with a few easy tips!
1. Start dating your husband again. When you're dating someone, you're on your best behavior. Not only that, you look your best, and you brush up on current events to keep conversation fresh. Get a sitter or recruit the grandparents, and commit to dating your husband once a week - or if you have young children - once or twice a month. Get dressed up, hold his hand, and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the butterflies in your stomach you thought had flown off years ago.
2. Don't just talk about the kids. We get it: You need to talk about the kids' needs, schedules, whether or not they're constipated, but make it a point to talk about current events, your interests, hobbies, anything OTHER than the kids. This will make you feel like an actual human being, not just a employee dedicated to keeping your children alive.
3. Send each other sexy notes or text messages. Leave a love note in his briefcase, or send each other sexy text messages that reveal your fantasies. Or just tell him you miss him. Believe us, when someone misses us, it makes us swoon.
4. Make after-dinner time special. Once the kids are in bed, break out a nice bottle of wine and put on some French cafe music. Pretend you're on a date. It will keep your spirits high and your marriage strong.
5. Make a date for nookie. Putting it on the calendar may not seem romantic, but once you do it, you may feel differently. The quality and quantity of sex in a marriage attests to its strength. After all, how many couples do you know who don't have sex and have good marriages?
What do you think? What other tips do you have for reigniting the romance in your marriage?