Inside Out Beauty Secrets: 7 Compelling Ways Healthy Eating Improves Your SkinJun 06, 2016
There is nothing quite like having a beautiful and healthy glow to your skin. All of the makeup in the world simply can't compete with naturally healthy skin. The truth is inside out beauty secrets begin with changing the way you eat. From healthy food choices to healing your gut there is a definite connection between a proper diet and healthy skin.
Here are 7 compelling ways that healthy eating and living can improve your skin.
1. Go Mediterranean...often. If you are constantly battling bad skin, including acne breakouts after puberty, then it may be your diet that is ruining your complexion. Many of the ingredients such as fish, olive oil, tomatoes, leafy greens, and red wine found in Mediterranean dishes have antioxidant properties that protect against melanomas and are packed the omega-3 fatty acids that help with the skin's elasticity.
2. Eat your vegetables! Developing a habit of eating more vegetables is a skin happiness move. Why? Because the antioxidants in fresh fruit and veggies stop the free radicals that cause tell-tell aging signs such as wrinkles and age spots.
3. You can't beat the way water gives. Do you realize that drinking lots of water every day flushes toxins from both the body and the skin? More water intake equals skin with a more radiant glow. Why? Because our skin is 64 percent water. Some say being well hydrated can take 10 years off your face!
4. Lemons are there for us. Lemons need to be a part of your beauty regimen. Not only are they a great source of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin c, all of which are great for improving the skin's appearance, but they also help remove blackheads, acne, lighten dark spots, neutralize oily skin, whiten teeth, and cleanse the face. The lemon is just a health incredibly healthy.
5. Your skin needs nutrition too. In addition to the many antioxidants you get from eating your fruits and veggies, your whole body, including your skin, may still need supplements such as Beta Carotene, and vitamins C, E, and A in order to halt or slow skin damage caused by free radicals, molecules, bent on harming skin cells and aging the skin.
6. You can blame on the gut. Maintaining a healthy balance in the gut can calm down a lot of inflammation in the body and the skin. If what you are eating will damage your gut, it will damage your skin-- you can count on it. Heal your gut using fermented superfoods like eggs, kale, or yogurt and probiotics and watch your skin flourish, heal, and glow. This is the gut-skin connection.
7. Relax, Release, Refresh. It is true we all need our beauty sleep and when we don't get enough sleep it shows. You and your skin benefit when you get enough sleep. With 7-9 hours of sleep nightly you can expect fewer wrinkles due to increased collagen, better blood flow which equals glowing skin, and lastly more sleep will result in a healthier appearance.