You have no items in your bag
Happy Mean Girls Day: Top 10 Quotes From the Movie
On October 3rd, he asked her what day it was. And the rest was history.
All over the world, October 3rd has been associated with its role in the classic movie, Mean Girls, as the date when Aaron Samuels asked Cady Heron what day it was. Wow, you just can't ignore their connection! When Tina Fey penned this coming-of-age tale in the early 2000s, no one could prepare for how the movie would take over sleepovers, throwback nights, and yes, even the date October 3rd.
Lucky for us, Mean Girls didn't hold back on the unforgettable, forever quotable one-liners and has left its mark on generations with these "fetch" lines. Need help choosing your favorite Mean Girls quote? Don't worry; we've got you covered. Here's a list of our Top 10 most iconic Mean Girls quotes for October 3rd and every day after.
1. "Get in loser, we're going shopping!" - Regina George
Recycled by teens everywhere, you can still hear this famous after-school quote being tossed around in high school parking lots everywhere.
2. "She doesn't even go here!" − Damian Leigh
Shouted out by Damian, towering above everyone, wearing a pastel sweatshirt and sunglasses from the back of the crowd. This line seamlessly pivoted the mood from admiring a student for outspoken positivity to utterly creeped out that someone broke into the school to talk about rainbows and feelings.
3. "Boo, you w***e!" - Regina George
Anyone who has ever had a friend cancel plans or refuse to come out because they were tired has found solace in this quote. It's the perfect way to show that you're disappointed while still keeping the tone lighthearted since most people remember this epic line and will know you're quoting Mean Girls. If they don't realize it's a reference...well, you probably have a friend to patch things up with.
4. “Why should Caesar get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Caesar? Hm? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar. Brutus is just as smart as Caesar. People totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Rome is about. We should totally just stab Caesar!” - Gretchen Wieners
Nothing like a good old-fashioned breaking point, am I right? The most satisfying part of the Mean Girls movie is when Regina George's minions reevaluate their positions and start their quest for autonomy.
5. "I'm not like a regular mom, I'm a cool mom!" - Mrs. George
With rock-hard boobs and undying devotion for her daughter, Mrs. George is the definition of “keeping it tight.”
6. "Oh my God, Danny DeVito, I love your work!" - Damian Leigh
A clapback for the ages, long live the king.
7. "Made out with a hot dog? Oh my God that was one time!" - Amber D'Alessio
I mean, come on. Who hasn't? What kind of world would we live in if you can't even french a hot dog in peace?
8. "Four for you, Glenn Coco! You go, Glenn Coco!" - Damian Leigh
Glen Coco is a name that will go down in history. Glenn Coco wormed his way into our hearts without so much as speaking a line or even a close-up.
9. "Ex-boyfriends are off-limits to friends. That's just, like, the rules of feminism." - Gretchen Wieners
That time Gretchen Wieners actually made a good point. Even coming out of the mouth of one of the most out of touch, nonsensical people, this quote has merit. We can all agree that friends should never date their friends' exes, unless they're like, really hot.
10. “That's why her hair is so big. It's full of secrets.” - Damian Leigh
Volume comes at a price, and that's a price Regina George is willing to pay. Regina George is the gatekeeper of the school with her Burn Book of observations and criticisms. Her hair grows stronger with every secret she stores, and one day, it will rule us all.
Mean Girls will forever be among the greats as a pillar of teen dramedy cinema. It has succeeded in being timeless, with endlessly repeatable lines and GIFable moments. And, if it's lucky, the next generation to watch it might actually start using “fetch” as slang, and Gretchen will be at peace.